Sanyo Releases World's First Waterproof Full HD Camera Xacti DMX-CA100
SANYO is pleased to announce the release of the world's first waterproof Full HD Dual Camera that can be used underwater. The DMX-CA100 will be launched at the end of June 2010.
The Dual Camera Xacti aims to provide customers with more enjoyable video experiences, by offering cameras that allow users to easily capture both photos and videos in daily life, rather than devices that are merely used to record important events. By utilizing a convenient video format that can be easily handled on PC and Internet environments, and even on home TVs, these cameras are more than just hardware for capturing, viewing, and saving images. They are convenient products for sharing videos online, on blogs or on other multi-media sites, and they are able to easily import images to portable media devices. SANYO is offering new ways to enjoy images after they are captured, and the Dual Camera Xacti has been well received by consumers all over the world.
Sanyo Xacti DMX-CA100
In order to further enhance the concept of “a Dual Camera that can be used anywhere and anytime," SANYO is now introducing this new Dual Camera Xacti model. It enables people with active lifestyles to capture high resolution photos just like a regular digital camera and Full HD videos in all kinds of outdoor situations, not just in the city, but also at the beach or at the mountains. With its waterproof design, the DMX-CA100 offers a Dual Camera model that is both handy and reliable for active outdoor living, daily activities, and leisure pursuits.
2010 Dual Camera Xacti
Black (K), Yellow (Y), Pink (P)
End of June, 2010
- World's first waterproof Full HD Dual Camera *1,2,3
- High resolution 14 mega-pixel photo capture, the highest class of resolution as a compact digital camera
- “Double Range Zoom”*4 for easy capture of distant subjects using 12x telephoto
With a touch of the Zoom Range Button, the “Double Range Zoom” technology allows users to effectively switch between two zoom ranges, a Wide Mode (40 mm to 240 mm) and a Tele Mode (80 mm to 480 mm), just like alternating between two lenses with different zoom ratios, which changes the size of the video capture area on the image sensor.
*1 For Full HD video cameras for consumer use with optical zoom lenses. (As of the release date: the end of June, 2010)
*2 Water depth up to 3 m, for up to 60 minutes. (IPX8 Compliant)
*3 SANYO Xacti "Full HD" means data recorded at 1920 (horizontal) x 1080 (vertical) pixels.
*4 For video capture only. (optical 5x zoom when capturing photos)
DMX-CA100 Main Features
- World’s first waterproof Full HD Dual Camera
- Can be used to a depth of 3 meters underwater for up to 60 minutes: meets the IPX8 standard based on JIS C 0920 waterproofing guidelines.
- This Full HD video (1920 x 1080 pixels) capturing in all kinds of year-round outdoor conditions, not only in the rain, or while swimming in the pool or ocean, but also perfect for marine sports such as snorkeling and surfing, or even for winter sports*5 including skiing and snowboarding.
- The video format “MPEG-4 AVC / H.264” enables videos to be handled on a computer or the Internet using a single file, just like a still photo.
- The format fully supported by the latest “Windows® 7”*6 operating system, making it even more convenient to use on a PC.
*5 When using the camera in sub-zero or hot and humid conditions, be careful of condensation.
*6 Windows is a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- High resolution 14 mega-pixel photo, the highest class of resolution as a compact digital camera
- Captures 14 mega-pixel photos, in addition to Full HD video shooting.
- The "High-Speed Sequential Shooting" enables capturing up to 22 photos at 7 frames per second (in 2M Continuous mode), based on its high-speed CMOS sensor and the new high-speed video processing engine. This allows the camera to be used with confidence even in situations where photo opportunities can easily be missed.
- Separate photo and video capture buttons: images can be captured just by using the thumb to press the desired button, without the need to change modes.
- “Double Range Zoom” for easy capture of distant subjects using 12x Telephoto
- SANYO’s proprietary “Double Range Zoom” feature for zoom operation while filming video: offers an extensive range of video capture from wide angle to telephoto zoom for distant scenery, with a magnification of up to 12x (40 mm to 480 mm; 35-mm film basis).
- With a touch of the Zoom Range Button, the “Double Range Zoom” technology allows users to effectively switch between two zoom ranges, a Wide Mode (40 mm to 240 mm) and a Tele Mode (80 mm to 480 mm), just like alternating between two lenses with different zoom ratios, which changes the size of the video capture area on the image sensor.
* “Advanced Zoom” technology is completely different from regular digital zoom. It provides wider angle capture as well as higher magnification zoom, by progressively changing the image capture area on the image sensor. Unlike the regular digital zoom, it achieves zooming without image degradation.
- Other Features
- “Digital Image Stabilizer”*7 and “Face Chaser Function”*8 for videos
- “The new Digital Image Stabilizer,”*7 “Face Chaser Function,”*8 “Target a Color Function”*8*9 for photos
- “Mini HDMI Terminal”*10 for the enjoyment of even more beautiful Full HD resolution
- “Eye-Fi card compatibility”*11 enables automatic uploading of images to a computer
- Compatible with large-capacity recording media, SDXC memory cards
- Rechargeable via USB port: High-power mode
*7 For instances where there is intense shaking or when the shutter is slow, motion correction function may not be able to correct the image
*8 Depending on the photographic subject and shooting conditions, there are instances where the function may not work as expected.
*9 This function was developed by SANYO with reference to the K-Means tracker technology of Wakayama University
*10 Cable sold separately
*11 Eye-Fi cards are sold separately. (This model does not correspond to the endless memory function of Eye-Fi X2 series.)
- Oct 21, 2014
Canon Announces EOS C100 Mark II Professional Video CameraCanon announced today the Canon EOS C100 Mark II Digital Video Camera, the latest edition to the Canon Cinema EOS line of professional Super 35mm 8. As with the other cameras in Canon's Cinema EOS line, the new EOS C100 Mark II Digital Video Camera includes Canon Log as a recording choice, providing maximum dynamic range for post-production color grading...
- Apr 8, 2010
Sanyo Launches Two New Dual Xacti Cameras: DMX-CG100 And DMX-GH1SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the launch of two new Dual Camera Xacti, the DMX-CG100 and DMX-GH1 on April 16, 2010. With slim and compact designs, the new models capture Full HD video and high-resolution photos, based on the Dual Camera concept of taking both videos and photos with one camera...
- Jan 27, 2010
New Full HD Video Camera Sanyo Xacti DMX-CG110 Takes 14 Mega-Pixel PhotosSANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-CG110, at the end of February, 2010. “Advanced Zoom” is a technology used for video zoom function, integrating sensor processing and optical treatment, which realizes wider angle as well as higher magnification zoom, by enlarging the video filming area on the image sensor...
- Jan 27, 2010
Sanyo To Announce 35-MM Wide-Angle Lens 30X Zoom Full HD Xacti DMX-SH11SANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Full HD Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-SH11, at the end of February, 2010. “Advanced Zoom" is a technology used for video zoom function, integrating digital processing and optical treatment, which realizes wider angle as well as higher magnification zoom without image degradation, by enlarging the video filming area on the image sensor...
- Jan 15, 2010
Sanyo Introduces The World's Smallest, Lightest, And Thinnest Dual Camera Xacti DMX-CS1SANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Full HD, Slim Type Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-CS1, on February 19, 2010. The Xacti series aims to provide customers with more enjoyable video experiences, by offering cameras that allow users to easily capture both photos and videos in daily life, rather than devices that are merely used to record important events...