Sanyo To Announce 35-MM Wide-Angle Lens 30X Zoom Full HD Xacti DMX-SH11
SANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Full HD Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-SH11, at the end of February, 2010. Based on the dual camera concept of offering photo and video functions in one camera unit, the new product is compact and enables wide-range shooting from wide angle to telephoto.
The Xacti series aims to provide customers with more enjoyable video experiences by offering cameras that allow users to easily capture both photo and video in daily life, as well as recording important events and occasions. By utilizing a convenient video format that can be easily handled on PC and Internet environments, and even on home TVs, Xacti cameras are more than just a tool for capturing, viewing, and saving images. They are convenient products for sharing videos online, on blogs or on other multi-media sites.
Sanyo Xacti DMX-SH11
Now, SANYO is introducing a new stylish horizontal “Xacti" model. While emphasizing portability, the DMX-SH11 incorporates the industry-leading 35-mm wide-angle lens with high-power 30x “Advanced Zoom" *2 function to allow users to fully enjoy Full HD video in daily life and for special events and occasions.
2010 Dual Camera Xacti
Black (K), Red (R)
End of February, 2010
*1 For consumer-use Full-HD (1920 x 1080) video cameras; as of the Release Date
“Advanced Zoom" is a technology used for video zoom function, integrating digital processing and optical treatment, which realizes wider angle as well as higher magnification zoom without image degradation, by enlarging the video filming area on the image sensor.
*2 “Advanced Zoom" is a technology used for video zoom function, integrating digital processing and optical treatment, which realizes wider angle as well as higher magnification zoom without image degradation, by enlarging the video filming area on the image sensor.
*3 SANYO Xacti "Full HD" means data recorded at 1920 (horizontal) x 1080 (vertical) pixels
*4 This product is for Japan only (as of the Release Date).
- Expands image capturing possibilities with industry's Top Class “35-mm Wide-Angle Lens"*1 and 30x “Advanced Zoom"*2
- SANYO's original “Advanced Zoom"*2 technology used for video zoom function
- With the new zoom function, the video filming area on the image sensor is enlarged from approximately 2-Megapixels (Full HD image area) to approximately 3.5-Megapixels. Using pixels effectively, wider scenes from industry's top class 35mm (35mm film equiv.) (Wide) to 1,050mm (Tele) with 30x zoom can be enjoyed.
- By widening the wide-angle side and achieving higher magnification telephoto ability, it is possible to capture wide range of objects from close to far.
- Industry's smallest, lightest, and thinnest class body*1 expands imaging opportunities
- Product development for the Xacti series has been carried out with an emphasis on a compact design that can be taken anywhere and anytime by using the concept of a handy device for recording the moments of daily life.
- The DMX-SH11 is a top rated small-class Full HD dual camera approximately 190cc in volume, 204g in weight, and 43mm in thickness. Its excellent portability dramatically expands the situations in which a video camera can be used.
- To take usability a step further, the DMX-SH11 is equipped with SANYO's original “Double Sub REC Button." In addition to the ordinary recording buttons, a recording button for both photo and video are separately provided on the upper front part of the body to easily capture low-angle images in a comfortable posture. Being able to easily shoot a camera from a child's or pet's eye level makes it possible to capture the world from a different point of view.
- Easily captures beautiful Full HD videos
- Not only it features a compact body, but also the DMX-SH11 can capture Full HD videos with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- The video format used for this model is "MPEG-4 AVC / H.264," which is easy to use on PC and Internet environments, as it is a single file format, similar to the one used for still photos. "MPEG-4 AVC / H.264" is fully supported by the latest Windows® OS, "Windows 7"*5, which was launched last year.
- Consequently, video files are displayed in the same thumbnail format as still picture files, and they can also be played back directly with Windows Media Player, and editable with Windows Live Movie Maker*6, and are Device Stage compatible. This makes the files even more convenient for use on computers.
*5 Windows is a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*6 Downloadable from the Microsoft Corporation website
- Other Features
- "Sound Zoom" function enables clear sound recordings according to the scene The DMX-SH11 has three microphone modes for recording clear sounds according to the scenes and purposes.
- Compatible with the "Xacti Library" that allows saving/indexing and playback of videos and pictures from an external hard drive (sold separately).
- 16GB Internal Memory
- "High-Speed Video" for slow-motion playback.
- “Digital Image Stabilizer"*7 and “Face Chaser Function" *8 for videos.
- “The new Digital Image Stabilizer,"*7 “Face Chaser Function"*8 and “Target a Color Function" *8*9 for photos.
- Real Time Interpolation: Produces high-resolution 10-megapixel*10 images.
- “Sequential Shot" ensures capturing the perfect images.
- “Eye-Fi card compatibility"*11 enables automatic uploading of images to a computer.
- “Mini HDMI terminal"*12 for viewing high quality and clear images on TVs.
- Compatible with large capacity recording media, SDXC memory card.
*7 For instances where there is intense shaking or when the shutter is slow, motion correction function may not be able to correct the image.
*8 Depending on the photographic subject and shooting conditions, there are instances where the function may not work as expected.
*9 Developer by SANYO, with referring to the K-Means tracker technology of Wakayama University, Japan.
*10 Approximately 4-megapixel images received from the image sensor are enhanced and recorded as 10-megapixel-level images
*11 The Eye-Fi Share card and Eye-Fi Share Video card are sold separately
*12 Cable sold separately
- Oct 21, 2014
Canon Announces EOS C100 Mark II Professional Video CameraCanon announced today the Canon EOS C100 Mark II Digital Video Camera, the latest edition to the Canon Cinema EOS line of professional Super 35mm 8. As with the other cameras in Canon's Cinema EOS line, the new EOS C100 Mark II Digital Video Camera includes Canon Log as a recording choice, providing maximum dynamic range for post-production color grading...
- May 28, 2010
Sanyo Releases World's First Waterproof Full HD Camera Xacti DMX-CA100SANYO is pleased to announce the release of the world's first waterproof Full HD Dual Camera that can be used underwater. With a touch of the Zoom Range Button, the “Double Range Zoom” technology allows users to effectively switch between two zoom ranges, a Wide Mode (40 mm to 240 mm) and a Tele Mode (80 mm to 480 mm), just like alternating between two lenses with different zoom ratios, which changes the size of the video capture area on the image sensor...
- Apr 8, 2010
Sanyo Launches Two New Dual Xacti Cameras: DMX-CG100 And DMX-GH1SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the launch of two new Dual Camera Xacti, the DMX-CG100 and DMX-GH1 on April 16, 2010. With slim and compact designs, the new models capture Full HD video and high-resolution photos, based on the Dual Camera concept of taking both videos and photos with one camera...
- Jan 27, 2010
New Full HD Video Camera Sanyo Xacti DMX-CG110 Takes 14 Mega-Pixel PhotosSANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-CG110, at the end of February, 2010. “Advanced Zoom” is a technology used for video zoom function, integrating sensor processing and optical treatment, which realizes wider angle as well as higher magnification zoom, by enlarging the video filming area on the image sensor...
- Jan 15, 2010
Sanyo Introduces The World's Smallest, Lightest, And Thinnest Dual Camera Xacti DMX-CS1SANYO is pleased to announce the release of a new Full HD, Slim Type Dual Camera Xacti, DMX-CS1, on February 19, 2010. The Xacti series aims to provide customers with more enjoyable video experiences, by offering cameras that allow users to easily capture both photos and videos in daily life, rather than devices that are merely used to record important events...