Canon And Focus Enhancements Announce FS-CF And FS-CF Pro Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorders
Canon, a leader in digital imaging, and Focus Enhancements, a worldwide leader in media management and digital audio technology, today announce the Focus Enhancements FS-CF and FS-CF Pro portable Compact Flash DTE recorders offering HD video recording to Compact Flash (CF) cards for Canon's line of HDV1 camcorders2 and Mini-DV3 camcorders. The new Focus Enhancements FS-CF units support 1080 24F, 25F and 30F, 50i and 60i frame rates in both QuickTime and M2T file formats. Additionally, 1080i 60 and 50 are supported in the MXF OP Atom format4.
The new FS-CF Pro DTE recorder provides additional features such as video playback on the unit's color LCD, MPEG-4 proxy file generation, wireless metadata logging, and much more. The Focus Enhancements FS-CF and FS-CF Pro DTE recorders are ideal for professional cinematographers and videographers looking to upgrade their existing Canon HDV equipment to a seamless file-based workflow. By utilizing solid state recording, ingest time into NLE systems is eliminated – saving time for busy professionals. Additionally, dual-recording onto tape and CF cards provides valuable backup footage on separate media.
Both the FS-CF and FS-CF Pro units feature a single card slot for recording to industry standard Type 1 CF solid-state media. Once video footage has been recorded to user-supplied CF cards, the FS-CF units are easily connected to both Windows and Mac systems via USB 2.0 from the FS-CF unit itself or the CF card can be read via standard memory card readers for a seamless workflow with popular NLE systems.
Highlights of Focus Enhancements FS-CF Pro and FS-CF units include:
- Create custom, NLE compatible (Final Cut Pro and Avid), clip and time code based metadata
- Dynamically log metadata wirelessly during recording (FS-CF Pro)
- Playback recorded content on the color LCD (FS-CF Pro)
- Easily browse thumbnails and details of recorded content on the LCD or the web interface (FS-CF Pro)
- Support of popular DTE formats such as QuickTime (1080 24F, 25F and 30F, 50i, 60i) MXF (1080 50i and 60i) (FS-CF Pro) and M2T (1080 24F, 25F and 30F, 50i, 60i) for HDV and RawDV, AVI Type 1, AVI Type 2, Matrox AVI, MXF (Pro Only) and Canopus AVI for DV
- Timelapse and single frame record (DV only) as well as retro-disk recording (FS-CF Pro)
- Side located, removable Compact Flash slot that accepts standard Type 1, minimum 30MB/s Compact Flash Cards (currently available up to 64GB)
- Polymer dust cover for shock and moisture protection
- Record over 2.2 hours of 1080i HDV on a single 32GB card
- 6-pin IEEE1394 interface to DV or HDV cameras
- Fast USB 2.0 interface to Mac or Windows based NLE systems
- Supports large file sizes with UDF disk format on CF cards
- Ultra compact design weighs only 12 oz and features silent fanless operation
- Color back-lit LCD for menu navigation and status
- Back-lit scroll wheel for easy menu navigation
- Removable 3-hour (record time) Li-Ion battery pack
- 12V power input and supplied AC adapter
Pricing and Availability
FS-CF and FS-CF Pro are expected to be available through Canon authorized dealers in late April for an estimated retail price of $995 and $1,295 respectively.
- "HDV" and the "HDV" logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation and Victor Company of Japan, Limited (JVC)
- All Canon HDV tape-based video cameras with IEEE1394 are supported. This includes but is not limited to the following models: VIXIA HV40, VIXIA HV30, VIXIA HV20, Canon XH A1, Canon XH A1S, Canon XH G1, Canon XH G1S, Canon XL H1, Canon XL H1A and Canon XL H1S.
- All Canon Mini-DV tape-based video cameras with IEEE1394 are supported. This includes but is not limited to the following models: Canon XL2 and Canon GL2
- All frame rates (24F, 25F and 30F, 50i and 60i) may not be available on all Canon HDV camcorder models.
- Apr 7, 2010
New Professional Canon Camcorders XF305 And XF300 Record Native 1920 X 1080 Video Directly To CF CardsCanon today announces the Canon XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders. Leveraging the Company's expertise as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance optics, the Canon XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders feature a Genuine Canon 18x HD L-series lens with a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 29.3 – 527.4mm and a Full Manual Focus mode with mechanical "hard" end stops and distance markers for professional operability and repeatable manual focus...
- Jan 5, 2010
Canon Releases Nine New VIXIA High Definition Flash Memory CamcordersCanon U.S.A., Inc, a leader in digital imaging technology, today announced an exciting new line of nine VIXIA High Definition flash memory camcorders. The Canon VIXIA HF S21*/**, VIXIA HF S20*/** and VIXIA HF S200*/** Flash Memory camcorders are Canon's premiere camcorders with professional and easy-to-use features to allow anyone to capture outstanding HD video quality...
- Aug 19, 2009
Canon Introduces VIXIA HF S11 Dual Flash Memory CamcorderCanon, a leader in digital imaging, has introduced a new flagship model to its 2009 VIXIA high-definition camcorder line, the VIXIA HF S11 Dual Flash Memory camcorder. The VIXIA HF S11 features a Genuine Canon HD Video Lens, Canon designed and manufactured 8.59-megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor and Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor, all of which allow the camcorder to produce breathtaking video and stunning 8.0 megapixel photos...
- Feb 18, 2009
Canon Dives Deep With A New Wp-V1 Waterproof Case For The New VIXIA HF20 And VIXIA HF200 CamcordersCanon U.S.A., Inc, a leader in digital imaging technology, announces an exciting first with its new WP-V1 Waterproof Case for the VIXIA HF20 and VIXIA HF200 Flash Memory Camcorders. Canon's most compact high-definition Flash Memory camcorders, the VIXIA HF20 and VIXIA HF200 are powerhouse options for anyone looking to take their HD camcorder with them wherever they go...
- Jan 5, 2009
Canon Launches A New Line Of 5 VIXIA High Definition And Six Standard Definition CamcordersCanon U.S.A., Inc, a leader in digital imaging technology, announces an exciting new line of five VIXIA high definition and six standard definition camcorders, which are available in a variety of different recording formats, including Flash Memory. All VIXIA camcorders feature Canon's trinity of core technologies that create the highest level of high definition image quality – a Genuine Canon HD Video Lens; Canon designed and manufactured HD CMOS Image Sensor for Full HD image capture; and Canon-developed DIGIC DV II and DIGIC DV III Image Processors...